In this article Mark Hunter of thesaleshunter.com gives some really good advice,
if you are thinking about using email in your marketing.
5 Stupid Mistakes that Will Kill Your Sales Email
You may think you’re sending a great email, but don’t kid yourself.
Chances are you’re making one of the following fatal mistakes.
1. Using the first 15 words in the email to explain how great you are.
Most likely you’re writing your sales prospecting emails while working on a desktop or laptop computer and that alone is going to hurt you.
Reason is simple.
People tend to check their emails on their smartphones, and when they do, they’re making a 2-second judgment based on the subject line and the first few words of the email.
The best solution is …..
Read more here:
Copyright 2014, Mark Hunter “The Sales Hunter.” Sales Motivation Blog. Mark Hunter is the author of High-Profit Selling: Win the Sale Without Compromising on Price.
I hope this article was helpful for you. I found it very useful.
You want information about affiliate marketing and you would like to have it in a easy to understand format. If this is the case, this article will be perfect for you. We will layout some of the most important tips and guidelines, in a way that you can quickly digest.
When putting affiliate links on your blog, be transparent about the point of the links. If you hide the affiliate link, you make people suspicious about your motives. If instead you tell your readers that your link is an affiliate link, they feel positive about your honesty and may be more likely to buy from your links.
Affiliate programming is a gradual process that takes a while to make money from. It is important to remember that many programs give you lifetime payouts for members that you refer to their service. You must remember that affiliate advertising is not a get rich quick scheme; rather, it is an easy way to make some extra cash.
Pick a high-quality product. If you recommend a product that is of poor quality, it will reflect back on you as a promoter. The last thing you want people to believe is that you purposely recommended a product that doesn’t work. If you wouldn’t trust it, don’t ask your readers to!
With the proper email tracking software, an affiliate can tell if his or her mail has been opened by the recipient. If it hasn’t, you have two good options here. You can simply resend the mail again and hope they open it or you can change the subject line to a more attention-grabbing title.
Pay attention to how the agent tries to sell you on a lower ranked company. Some agents will tell you that a high rating doesn’t matter, or that they have inside information regarding the companies strength. Agents like these are not to be trusted, and you should no longer do business with them.
A great affiliate marketing tip is to try out a product that you’re interested in. If you’re interested in promoting a new product, you should try it out first so that you have firsthand knowledge of how it works, and you’ll know for sure whether promoting it will be a good move.
Test out the customer service of the affiliate company you wish to join before you sign up. If you call them with a problem and they treat you poorly, that is the same experience your website visitors will receive. Only partner with a company who’s customer service is top notch!
Keep track of your affiliate program results. Successful affiliate sales come from watching what works and what doesn’t. Most affiliate programs include some type of tracking function that helps you see which links are working well and which ones need to be tweaked. Vary page positions, see what products sell where, which wording helps links perform better, and use it to plan your future affiliate program strategies.
In conclusion, we have provided you some of the most crucial aspects regarding affiliate marketing. We hope that you not only were able to learn something, but also will be able to apply it. Follow this advice and you will be one step closer to being an expert in this subject.
Read more: Great Tips on Affiliate Marketing That Work http://www.sooperarticles.com/internet-articles/affiliate-programs-articles/great-tips-affiliate-marketing-work-1264024.html#ixzz2tZWlTwRT
Follow us: @SooperArticles on Twitter | SooperArticles on Facebook
Adwords, Alt Imaging, Anchor text, bold, follow the rules, Internet Marketing Newbies, keyword, keyword search, link, links, new content, Newbies, Newbies to Internet, Search engine optimization, SEO, seo help, SEO tips, SEO Traffic Generation Tips, site map, tips for newbies, traffic, Traffic Generation
Tips For SEO Traffic Generation
by Fred Horstman, February 11, 2014
SEO, or search engine optimization is the be-all-end-all of traffic generation. The two go hand in hand. This is because, in order to gain traffic to your site your articles, your advertisements and your website must all be search engine optimized. So, when it comes to SEO, make sure you target everything and anything around this incredibly important concept.
Essentially, there are three basic elements to SEO- keywording, linking and content. Consider keywording, linking and content the three musketeers to successful SEO. To get you started, I’ve offered the top ten tips to SEO. Keep these in mind for all your copy and content to ensure the maximum traffic generation results.
1. Choose good keyword phrases. Instead of shaping words around articles, shape articles around words. Target your content around keywords or ideas. In order to find an angle for your article, consider using Google Adwords to see which keywords are most likely searched. Then, write an article around these key phrases and terms. This may seem like an odd concept, but as soon as your brain gets used to it, the writing will flow naturally.
2. Use keywords throughout your website, marketing, and advertisement. Use keywords throughout your website, marketing and advertisement- use keywords in your title, your subheadings and in your links. If you can, even use your keyword in your URL.
3. Link away. It is okay to link to other sites. In fact, it’s a good idea, especially if these sites are highly respected and informative. Sites with .edu and .gov are often the best because they represent a highly regarded source.
4. Link to your heart’s content. Links do not have to just be certain words. You can also make title links and anything else you want links. People are automatically drawn to links, so switch it up and make your content stand out.
5. Use your anchor text in links. Make sure your link text features your keyword phrase. Links stand out on websites and most people will click through, especially if your keyword phrase is directed towards their interest.
6. Always add new content. Are you constantly updating and adding new content to your website? Well you need to be to ensure SEO success! This cannot be stressed enough. Content is what will make or break your site so make sure your content is entertaining, up to date and informative.
7. Be Bold. Make use of Bold HTML tags and other HTML tags to make your website stand out. Bold is beautiful.
8. Use Alt Imaging. A picture is worth a thousand words, especially on the net. Putting alt attributes on your images can allow you to place relevant text around your image, better for search engine indexing.Keep in mind that images are searched just as much as content is.
9. Include a site map. A site map is a great way to navigate through your site and can also be submitted to Google with XML site map. Site maps help search engine robots find every page on your website in just two clicks. What this means is better search engine results for all your web pages. Make sure you link all pages properly for the best SEO results.
10. Follow the rules. SEO has a set of particular rules. You need to understand the legality of SEO so you don’t get banned from search engines. So how do you do this? You research. You study. You learn. Take some time and go through the basics of SEO on the main search engines. Understanding the do’s and don’ts of SEO is critical when it comes to generating traffic. After all, you SEO strategy can either make, or break your website.
Customer, Electronic mailing list, Email marketing, Email spam, Facebook, Google+, help for newbies, Internet Marketing Newbies, Internet service provider, Market, newbie tips, Online advertising, Search engine optimization, Spam, tips for newbies, Twitter, Web banner, Web search engine
Are You An Internet Marketing Newbie? Make Sure You Are Not Spamming Your Clients. Every Email Message Should Command Your Readers’ Attention. – By: Fred Horstman
As an Internet Marketing Newbie, it is imperative that you keep your email messages interesting. Do this and your customers will continue to read your emails. By following tips from this article, you can begin to construct email pieces that will engage your customers and create a buying atmosphere.
Don’t send spam emails promoting your products. Sending an unsolicited email is a mistake. People might start marking them as spam. This hurts your reputation, but even worse, your IP may be blocked by some ISPs.
Do your best to keep your email message personal. As with other types of marketing, customers will be more likely to purchase items from you if you add a personal touch. You can use their name, mention items they might like, based on past purchases, or show them items in their favorite color. Always get permission before adding someone to your email list. Otherwise, your spam complaints will increase, and, you may even lose customers over it completely.
Focus on one idea with every email message. Don’t overwhelm your reader with a ton of text! Compose a single message. Keep it fairly short and concise. Your clients will be happy to not have too much information.
Proofread everything you send out through email. You have to make sure all your newsletters and emails are letter perfect. Don’t just spellcheck them. Read them again. Have somebody else read them. Prior to message distribution, test email layouts so you know for sure that all the text and elements show up in your preferred way. Don’t forget to test any hyperlinks in your email, too. Make sure those links work properly. Don’t make a common newbie mistake.
Consistency is important. Your emails should all feature the same colors and company logo. Be sure that you’re using a font that people can read. After receiving a few messages, consumers will begin to recognize you, hopefully causing them to pay attention to your emails. A recognizable brand is an important marketing factor, especially with email marketing.
Use as few graphics as possible in your email promoting materials. Many email programs will block out graphics, making it a waste of time to utilize them. Additionally, your email is more likely to end up in a junk mail folder should graphics be overused.
Make sure that you have an unsubscribe link that is easily visible within your emails. You must ensure that the link is visible, easily found and not buried beneath images or huge chunks of text. Your reader must feel like it is their own personal choice, whether they continue to receive your emails or not.
Remember, that many of your email subscribers will be reading your mailings on mobile devices, like smartphones. Because the screen resolution is lower on these devices, you have a smaller space with which to work. Test your emails out so that you know they’re legible on mobile screens.
Your marketing via email should be relevant and interesting to every one of your clients. If the emails you send out are simply spam, your customers will simply trash them, and ask to be removed from your mailing list. Use this advice to create quality content for your messages that your customers can appreciate and then you will no longer be a marketing newbie.
About the Author
Author: Fred Horstman has done many things in his long life. He will continue to do many more things. His present goal is to help newbies to Internet Marketing with useful information and suggestions. You can follow him on Twitter (fredgarden8) or check out more of this blog right here.
Article Directory Source: http://www.articlerich.com/profile/Fred-Horstman/431507
- Internet Marketing Tips For Newbies (oldienewbies.wordpress.com)
- Are You Thinking About Doing A Joint Venture With Someone? Here Are Four Things To Think About (oldienewbies.wordpress.com)
- 8 Tips for Better Email Marketing (business2community.com)
- The Fine Line Between Internet Marketing and Spam (business2community.com)
- How to Get the Best Email Marketing Delivery Rates (emailmarketingcampaignagency.wordpress.com)
- Marketing Via Email Solutions To Help Your Business Grow (futurestarr.com)
Camcorder, help for newbies, Internet Marketing Newbies, Newbies, newbies to YouTube, Oldie Newbies, optimize, promote, To Use Youtube For Newbies, upload videos, Uploading and downloading, Video, Web Applications, Youtube, YouTube.com
By Fred Horstman December 9, 2013
This article is the fourth of six to help newbies to Internet and Youtube by providing some quick start information about using Youtube to your advantage. From registration to uploading videos, you will find some answers to your most pressing questions in a simple and easy-to-follow way. These six articles do not go into great detail. They are designed to give newcomers to Youtube a basic knowledge of how to make and upload videos. More authoritive information can be found with a search and on Youtube itself.
Now that you took some time to play with your video (Part 3), it is time to upload it to YouTube. Please take note of this next statement. Make sure you save any changes you made to your video before you upload it. You also have to save your video in a format YouTube can use. They recommend that you save your video with the following extensions for easier uploads: .MOV, .AVI, or .MPG files. These are common video formats most people find easy to use. YouTube also recommends you use a video with a 320×40 resolution and one with an MP3 sound track. You should be able to upload your video any way you like. If you use a digital camcorder, you can upload your video from the device to the website. YouTube even provides the alternative for users to send their videos to the site by e-mail.
Once you upload your video, you will need to provide some description for it and tags so people can easily find it. The best way to create tags for your video is to come up with some catchy keywords people are likely to search for when looking for videos like yours.
You will also have to specify one or more categories under which YouTube.com lists your video. Remember, the goal here is helping other users find your video quickly and easily. With millions of videos uploaded each day, you have to take time to ensure you label, categorize and tag your video correctly, so that it stands out from the crowd.
- How To Us YouTube For Newbies, Part 1 of 6 – Sign Up and Register An Account (oldienewbies.wordpress.com)
- How to Use Youtube For Newbies, Part 2 of 6 Getting Featured (oldienewbies.wordpress.com)
- How To Use YouTube For Newbies, Part 3 of 6 – Optimizing Your Videos (oldienewbies.wordpress.com)
- How to Upload and Optimize a YouTube Video (scalablesocialmedia.com)
- Should You Upload Your Videos Directly to Facebook or Link to YouTube? (business2community.com)
- 5 Ways To Promote Your YouTube Channel (business2community.com)
- An anthropological introduction to YouTube (colgan41.wordpress.com)
Internet Marketing is a double-edged blade for most newbie’s. Although the concepts behind online marketing are very straightforward but implementing these concepts successfully can be very complicated. With this in mind, this article will attempt to clarify the INs and OUTs of Online marketing and break down some of the most common tactics available that can assist newbie’s to start their own successful marketing campaigns. I will cover the common techniques like, creating a website/blog and optimizing the same for search engines, placing affiliate banner advertisements, newsletters, email marketing etc.
One of the basic needs for starting an online marketing campaign is having a striking well-designed website or a blog. If you don’t have a website/blog or have one with a poor design and functionality, then you should really consider creating or re-designing your website to properly advertise your stuff.
Email newsletters can be a superb marketing tactic. Newsletters are simply emails that include a variety of info, with articles, appropriate ads and any other information that your subscribers and readers will find interesting and helpful. The good thing about newsletters is that if prepared properly they can generate a large no. of sales. Your approach needs to be a delicate one, you can casually talk about any product or program you are promoting but you must not over do it, as your newsletter will be seen as spam. Always make sure to include plenty of good quality and useful content in your newsletter and a small quantity of advertisements, soon your subscribers will trust you and your verdict and they will begin to purchase from you.
Banner ads are another great way of advertising your stuff online. Banners usually include graphics and text; these banners attract the visitor’s eyes and get them to click on them and when the visitor clicks on these banner ads they are directed to your business website. Banner advertising can be very helpful, but the banner must be positioned on high traffic websites that attract viewers that may be interested in your product ads/banners.
Search Engine Optimization
Finally, SEO is a significant part of any Internet marketing campaign. Search engines rank websites and blogs according to quality and relevance for particular search terms. Many online users use various search engines to find the information on a particular topic. This means that these users are probable to only visit websites/blogs that rank good in Search Engines. Therefore if your website is not ranking well in search engines, you are not likely to generate the targeted traffic from the Search Engines. Top 10 ranking websites are likely to attain the majority traffic from search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing, so you need to find some Best Traffic Generation Tips.
Keep these points in mind when starting any Internet marketing venture.
Read more: Internet Marketing Tips For Newbies http://www.sooperarticles.com/internet-articles/internet-marketing-articles/internet-marketing-tips-newbies-744050.html#ixzz2mvZCf3PD
Follow us: @SooperArticles on Twitter | SooperArticles on Facebook
- Five Internet Marketing Tricks (godwantsyoutoberich.wordpress.com)
- Effective Online Marketing Strategies (shopandprodrev.wordpress.com)
- Tips For The Brand-New Internet Marketer (internetmarketingmade2simple.wordpress.com)
- Online Advertising and Search Engine Positioning by Fred Bell (iadvertis01.wordpress.com)
- Are You Using The Internet To Its Full Potential? Check Out These Marketing Tips And Find Out! (internetmarketingmade2simple.wordpress.com)
- Internet Marketing Vs. Traditional Marketing (soshitech.com)
- Internet Marketing: Different Ways to Get the Word Out There By John Phanchalad (johnphanchalad1.wordpress.com)
- What is Internet Blog Marketing? (socialnetboost.wordpress.com)
People often ask me if I think they should go with WordPress.com. I say “Yes” and I think this will help in making a decision.
- The $64,000 Question: WordPress.com or WordPress.org? (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- WordPress (valeenetech.wordpress.com)
- WordPress How To (Pingbacks) (greenembers.wordpress.com)
- Plugging into WordPress security (jaymanalotoibm.wordpress.com)
- WordPress Web Hosting (thesmileystone.wordpress.com)
- WordPress – COM or ORG? (mattyk94.wordpress.com)
- 5 Incredibly Useful Update WordPress Blogs With Just A Few Clicks For Small Businesses (callumlaurantus.wordpress.com)
- WordPress Glitch? (aopinionatedman.com)
- Why Is WordPress The Best Blogging Platform? (plego.wordpress.com)
Many of you use WordPress.com as a platform for your personal blogs, but it can also be your online home for your business. We have tools and features to help you establish a professional web presence, and support when you have questions.
Meet Erica Varlese, Happiness Engineer and Support Lead for WordPress.com Business. Erica is a New York-based writer, customer service maven, dog lover, and espresso fiend. Since 2011, she’s helped nearly thirty thousand WordPress.com users via email, forums, live chat, and in-person at conferences and WordCamps. We asked Erica for her tips on using WordPress.com for business, getting the support you need, and dos and don’ts.
What advice would you give someone who wants to use WordPress.com to create a site for their business?
For many businesses, the focus is on building a standard website, not a blog. WordPress.com is great for blogging, and flexible enough to use…
View original post 891 more words
Using StumbleUpon for Instant Viral Traffic
By Fred Horstman November 12, 2013
StumbleUpon is one of the most powerful websites you could utilize for getting viral traffic to your content. StumbleUpon can send tens of thousands of visitors to your site in a few hours, but it can also become a consistent source of traffic over time.
Because of the nature of StumbleUpon, content which people like has a very good chance of being seen by even more people.
Here’s how to use StumbleUpon for instant viral traffic.
Understanding the Mindset
Before designing a campaign for StumbleUpon, it’s crucial that you understand the mindset of Stumblers.
StumbleUpon is a lot like flicking through different channels on a TV, except it’s on the internet and people are flicking through different websites.
StumbleUpon will serve up unique pages and websites to people. If they like it, they can “Thumbs Up” the content, if they don’t they can “Thumbs Down” the content. At any time they can click “Stumble” and see a different site.
It’s very easy for someone who’s bored to “Stumble” away from your site. Likewise, if you get a lot of Stumblers to thumbs up your content, you can quickly get a flood of Stumblers coming in.
The Most Important Thing For Targeting Stumblers
The most important thing to keep in mind when you’re targeting StumbleUpon users is that they’re in a very “quick entertainment” mindset.
You need to catch their attention, and you need to do it immediately. In other words, the above the fold area of your website needs to have some sort of shocking or captivating headline or graphic.
People should feel immediately drawn in upon seeing your site. Remember, if you don’t catch their attention, they’ll be gone before you can say “Stumble.”
Keep Their Attention
Throughout your page should be very interesting, emotionally engaging pieces of content. It doesn’t matter if it gets them to laugh, to be outraged or to be shocked – it just has to be emotionally engaging.
You’ll also want to tone down the ads on the page which Stumblers land on. Pages with a lot of ads tend to get downvoted, while pages with fewer ads and more engaging content tends to get upvoted.
Getting Your Content On StumbleUpon
So how do you actually get your content on to StumbleUpon?
StumbleUpon frowns on people submitting their own content. You can, but if you do it too often you’ll get your account disabled.
The best way to do it is to first spend a week or so using StumbleUpon yourself. That way you build up some usage history so it doesn’t look like you’re just there to promote; and you also get some experience with the StumbleUpon’s system.
Then, pick one of the best pages on your website and submit it to StumbleUpon. Ideally, you should get enough of a following from StumbleUpon that others will submit your content from then on.
If your content isn’t getting enough uptake, submit another piece of your own content a few weeks later. But make sure you’re also submitting other things and that there’s an interval between your submissions of your own content.
- Tips for How to Generate More Website Traffic From StumbleUpon (business2community.com)
- Tips on Thursday: StumbleUpon (girl-who-reads.com)
- Social Tagging (johnshimabukuro.wordpress.com)
- Say hello to the new, dramatically different StumbleUpon.com (venturebeat.com)
- StumbleUpon: One of The Best Ways to Pass Time and Cure Internet Boredom (calsilcock.com)
- How to Maximize Your Content Exposure by Leveraging Other Websites (zemanta.com)
- StumbleUpon: 30% headcount reduction to “streamline, focus, execute” (venturebeat.com)